IDEX Health & Science pioneered multilayered manifolds and holds some of the original intellectual property.
These manifolds are manufactured by subjecting multiple thermoplastic layers to heat, pressure and time, which causes a molecular bond to form between the layers. Acrylic (PMMA) and Ultem™ (PEI) are the most commonly used materials for a multi-layer manifold. This technology allows IDEX Health & Science to produced 3D curved tracks in a manifold.
- Best fluidic flow performance
- Lowest carryover and dead volumes by eliminating unswept cavities
- Accommodates complex fluidic paths including 3D curved designs
- Optimizes fluid usage by creating the shortest, compact flow paths
Features and components available for integration into manifold assemblies:
- Material selection: Acrylic (PMMA), Ultem™ (PEI)
- Typical track width: >0.015” (0.038 mm)
- Typical hole diameter: <0.118" (3 mm)
- Track configurations: 3D curved and straight
- Track cross sections: Square, Round and "D" shaped