NanoTight™ Fittings are ideally suited for making capillary tubing connections, typically with a tubing sleeve.
- Once the appropriate sleeve has been placed over the capillary tubing, slide the NanoTight Nut and Ferrule—in that order—over the sleeved tubing assembly, allowing at least 3/16" of the sleeved tubing to extend beyond the Ferrule tip and the conical portion of the ferrule should face the port.
- Insert the Fitting and tubing into the receiving port, pushing the tubing into the port until it bottoms out.
- Finger tighten the Nut until it is snug.
- To replace the NanoTight Ferrule, loosen the NanoTight Fitting assembly completely and remove the old NanoTight Ferrule.
- Slide a new NanoTight Ferrule over the sleeved tubing assembly, again allowing at least 3/16" of the sleeved tubing to extend beyond the Ferrule tip, and continue the installation process as described above.
Please Note: NanoTight Fittings can often also be used to connect 1/16" OD tubing without the need for sleeves. To do so, simply insert the tubing by itself through the NanoTight Nut and Ferrule and continue with the installation process.