- Slide fitting (or fitting and ferrule) at least 3/16" from the end of the flat cut, burr-free tubing.
- Insert the assembly into the receiving port, pushing the tubing into the female port until it bottoms out.
- Finger tighten the nut into the port until snug.
- DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN. Overtightening could result in leakage.
- For Two-Piece Stainless Steel Fittings in applications above 6,000 psi (414 bar), you may wrench-tighten the fitting an additional 1/4 turn; this allows the fitting to hold up to 10,000 psi.
- a. For One-Piece Fittings: After several uses (especially at high pressures), the Fitting should be replaced.
b. For Two-Piece Fittings: After several uses (especially at high pressures), the Ferrule should be replaced. If too tight to remove
by hand, use pliers to pull the ferrule out of the nut.
* PK-120BLK can withstand 200 degrees C with a pressure rating of 6000 psi. At room temperature the fittings can withstand higher pressures (up to 8,000 psi).