Film Degassing Chamber
Engineered with a unique flow channel design and significantly shorter fluid and membrane diffusion paths, the 9000-2071 is a 500 μL degassing chamber in a flat film format with ¼-28 flat bottom liquid ports. The fluoropolymer membrane & PEEK chamber is designed to degas solvents at the highest performance levels available for analytical scale HPLC systems. In a small form factor, with reinforced Teflon™ AF film; this degassing chamber has a metal free flow path and universal solvent compatibility, which includes HFIP and Hexane. The sleek, patented chamber design enables low flow restriction when compared to the lumen based chambers.
- Lower flow restriction than tubing based degassers.
- Non-metallic flow path, which enables universal application of a single type of degasser to multiple types of HPLC systems.
- Small form factor with no internal tubing fittings to leak.
- Lowest vacuum volume to limit initial pervaporation of volatiles.
- Universal coverage of all flow rate ranges to as great as 10 mL/min or more depending on style of HPLC system.
- Universal solvent compatibility, except for solvents known to adversely affect Teflon™ AF (see solvent compatibility guide).
- Solvent flush-out similar to tubing style degassers.
- Flow restriction is constant regardless of applied vacuum.
- Lower environmental impact: High pressure vacuum degassing reduces or eliminates solvent vapor discharge into the laboratory atmosphere.
Couple the film degassing chamber with our patent-pending algorithm for constant performance and your system will achieve the highest HPLC degassing efficiency with universal solvent compatibility. The methodology allows you to select a fixed-efficiency of degassing for any HPLC separation method. This enables consistent operation at higher applied vacuum pressures, while reducing pervaporation and associated mobile phase changes.
|Chemical Compatibility||See Product Datasheet|
|Internal Volume µL||Nominal 500|
|Liquid Connections||Threaded ¼-28 UNF-2B flat bottom, 3/8” depth|
|Max Flow Rate (mL/min)||10|
|Max Pressure Rating||27 PSIG|
|Membrane Type||Reinforced Teflon™ AF|
|Mounting||Threaded 6-32 UNC-2B|
|Operating Temperature||1° to 60°C (IPA/H2O 20/80)|
|Vacuum Connection||Designed for 1/8” ID elastomeric tubing|
|Vacuum Flow Path Materials||PEEK, PFA|
|Wetted Materials||Teflon™ AF, PEEK, Carbon|