Blue DPSS Lasers
The IDEX Health & Science line of Melles Griot blue DPSS lasers produce reliable laser light with minimal heat generation and maximum resistance to mechanical shock and vibration.
Our 85 BDD is available with output power from 10 to 50 mW and features automatic power control (APC) for excellent power stability. Modulation option is available. The 85 BDD series can be used as a direct replacement for air-cooled argon-ion lasers in many bioanalytical and medical applications (e.g., flow cytometry, confocalmicroscopy, DNA analysis), thereby reducing power consumption from 1000 W to less than 15 W, vastly simplifying thermal management, and increasing system life.
Applications in metrology, defect inspection, and other fields are also possible.
- Up to 50 mW at 488 nm
- Automatic power control (APC)
- Excellent beam quality (M2 < 1.2)
- Low-noise output: rms: <0.5%, 20 Hz to 1 MHz (typical) <0.75% (maximum) peak-to-peak: <1%, 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Power consumption <15 W
- Stable operation at baseplate temperatures from =10° to =55°C (45°C maximum for 50 mW)
- Solid-state reliability for long lifetime
- Minimal heat-sinking requirements
Our BCF-series fiber coupled, directly doubled diode laser provides up to 20 mW of stable output at 488 nm over a wide temperature range. Fiber delivery offers the opportunity for bulkhead mounting configurations as well as simplified optical alignment and system service at the factory and in the field. The small size, low power consumption, minimal heat-sinking requirements, and RS-232 control and monitoring interface are particularly suitable for compact self-contained systems and OEM applications.
- Up to 30 mW at 488 nm
- Single-mode or polarization maintaining fiber options
- FC/PC or FC/APC fiber termination
- Stable output from 10°C to 40°C
- Low-noise output:
- <1% peak-to-peak noise (20 Hz to 20 kHz)
- <0.5% rms noise typical (20 Hz to 1 MHz)
- RS-232 interface
- Power consumption <20 W
Tel: +1 760 438 2131